Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My First Blog!

Isn't it funny how we resist change? I remember when I used to have dial up internet access and I could not understand why anyone would want high speed/broadband connections! Dial up worked perfectly fine for me, so why should I change? Then I got high speed internet after a move and, after just a short time, I wondered how I could have lived with dial up for so long! The same thing happened with online banking. I couldn't imagine doing my banking online (for any scammer to see, I thought). Now that I have it, I can't imagine writing checks to pay my bills. When I do have to write a check, it just seems archaic!

I guess that is why I resisted having a blog for so long -- just one more change I would need to get comfortable with. Plus, isn't that something that only young people do?? Plus, did I really want my life out there for the world to see? Then I got a Facebook account and I began to see the beauty and fun in connecting with others, even if it is not "face to face." So, I figured that even this old(er) dog might be able to learn a few new tricks and I decided to give blogging a try.

The one thing that hasn't changed in my life for all of these years is that I am a creative bargain hunter. Yes, I'm a cheap chick (in a good way), and proud of it! Why pay retail if you don't have to?? So, I figured that could be the focus of my blog -- especially in this time of economic uncertainty for so many. This will be a place where I can tell you about my creative solutions to money matters and where you can share your own experiences!

Enjoy!

No comments: