Saturday, August 2, 2008

So TIRED!

I just finished my first week at my new job. I can't believe how tired I am and how behind I'm feeling. The job itself is not physically demanding, but I think the combination of "new job stress" and the fact that I'm still trying to keep the house clean and also keep up on the freelance writing and editing I do is all adding up.

I informed the company I edit for that I would be going back to work and that they should probably find someone else to handle things. The owner was sad to hear that, as we've worked together for nearly 7 years. She said she would start looking and I told her I would help out as much as I could until she found someone. I'm just hoping that she really starts looking, as I don't think I can do both a full time job, my writing (which I don't want to give up) AND the editing (plus all the household things that a mom needs to do).

I keep telling myself this is all for the greater good. Each paycheck will go directly to the credit card company to pay off that granite countertop :) Since this is a long-term temp assignment, I plan to keep working until the first of the year, and then take some time off to manage the remodel of the bathroom. That way, I can be on hand as the sub-contractors come in to do the work (as well as being there to do my own work when I can).

On other fronts, my oldest daughter is getting married in October and my youngest daughter is going off to college in two weeks! Excitement, stress, and of course, expense on every level!

No comments: